Monday, January 29, 2018

To all my Family and Friends I have out lived by Robert Swetz


To all my Family and Friends I have out lived by Robert Swetz

As a new year comes around and or our birthday rolls around we seem to always think about Family & Friends.

For the last several years I have been thinking about all of my Family & Friends that I have out lived. Some were older and some 20 to 30 years younger than me when they passed.

I lost my grandmother around 30 years ago, grandfather 20 years ago, my stepmother 8 years ago, my Uncle Donny, Uncle Richard, my best friend Steve Pieper 10 years ago, Jay Comisky 11 years ago, Kent Larson 8 years ago, Joanne Olson, Mike Casey, Mark Shuda 7 years ago, Ben Anderson 6 years ago, Brian Eggert 4 years ago, David Bowie, Prince, Tom Petty, Thor Lindsay in 2017 and the list goes on and on ... and how many more Family & Friends will I out live?


What I find to be so strange is I lived the fast life, left my parents and family when I was 15 years old and headed out west to Oregon & California in the mid 70's.
I never thought in a million years I would ever out live 75% of the friends that are gone.
Why me Lord?
Why were all these people taken before me?
When I think about this it seems so strange that so many of my family and very close friends are gone ;o(


This post is for all of you that are gone, I hope your listening wherever you are and I sure miss you ...

No comments:

Post a Comment