Friday, December 31, 2021

HALF PRICE BOOKS Fremont California "Shame on You" by Robert Vegas Bob Swetz





My first visit to Half Price Books was last year 

and it seemed like an OK store while looking. My latest visit in   December 2021 was very disappointing and my new name for Half Price Books is ... "Pawn Half Price Books"


 I entered the store with a box of 20 new books I published on Happiness, very small easy read book for the holidays. I set the box on the counter and the man asked, "what is this"? I said I have 20 new books in here I want to give the store for FREE! He said we don't want them and if you leave them here, we will have them shredded. I was very disappointed and walked out.

 2 days later I went into Pawn Half Price Books with approx. 20 new music CD's I wanted to get a value on. All of the CD's were top rock bands which I had paid around $10.00 to $20.00 dollars per CD. I have been collecting albums & music for around 40 years now and know the TRUE value. 

 


This man at the counter added up what he said Pawn Half Price Books would be willing to pay for my CD's, please note: Pawn Half Price Books sells their CD's for around $6.00 per CD. He said we will give you .50 cents each for them! 

So, let's do the math ... $10.00-$20.00 dollars per CD, you give me .50 cents and then sell them for $6.00 dollars per CD.

 These are like Pawn Shop techniques and for anyone reading this review, please don't sell your music albums or CDs at Half Price Books in Fremont California because they will treat you like a pawn shop. I will (NEVER) do business with this store again.

Robert Vegas Bob Swetz 12/25/2021

No comments:

Post a Comment